mp fun2

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Change I want See

I read something today, a quote from Gandhi of all people. It's not like I'm reading weird writing from India, but I thought it was pretty cool, or at least to me it means a lot. Gandhi once wrote "We must be the change we want to see". Does that ever ring true.

There are things I want different in my life. I want a better marriage, a deeper love with the Better Half, better relationship with my kids, a better person all around. It's not that I feel I am a bad person, I just know I can be a better person to the people that are closest to me they deserve it. More so now then ever as they have lived with me when I was not being who I really can be. If I want these changes, I have to be the change I want to see. It starts with me, no one else to blame, no excuses, it starts with me, I need to be the change I want to see. I will only see these changes in others when they see it in me. This makes sense to me.

signed the Other Half

4 comments:

Chelle said...

Good post. :)

teahouse said...

Love the photo of you guys! You look truly happy.

Chelle said...

Thanks THB. :)

Kel said...

Reading this late of course! Great post and wanted you to know!